Session weekend Miserden
02 June 2017 to 04 June 2017
Weekend for session music (self cater)
Miserden is a small village surrounded by beautiful Cotswold countryside. Gloucester, Cheltenham and Stroud are all nearby but the village is so attractive you may want to just sit in the field and admire the view. The village pub is very welcoming and people often enjoy a session combined with a pub lunch. Miserden is set in beautiful wooded hills and valleys between Stroud and Cheltenham, Miserden is in a walker's paradise. Historic Cheltenham is just 9 miles away and Cirencester and the Cotswold Water Parks are well worth a visit. Ask the locals the history of Whiteway. Miserden village is part of the well known Wills Estate.
What you can expect:
The Folk Camp Session Workshop Weekend is designed for people who wish to learn 3 or 4 tunes over the weekend in a slow and understanding workshop situation. Our two leaders use different approaches to learning, but both are aiming to teach tunes without reliance on printed music. Chris usually learns tunes a bar at a time, whereas Ben goes for lots of repetition of sections of the tune as well as breaking down tricky sections. Music for the workshop tunes can be obtained at any time during the weekend, but unless requested it will be given out at the end. After the weekend, we hope that you will have learnt the tunes well enough to introduce them into your own local session. There will be also be plenty of opportunity to play your own favourite session tunes - either during the evenings or in the pub at lunchtimes - and to share some of your current favourites with fellow campers, as well as to perform solo tunes or songs if you wish. There will be a little dancing to join in with if you wish during the evening to complete the full Folk Camp experience.
This is a self-cater weekend that starts Friday afternoon and finishes Sunday afternoon.
Confirmed staffJoint Leader: Chris Jewell | More Info
Joint Leader: Ben Thackeray | More Info
Warden: Barry Moule | More Info
A non-returnable minimum deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. The bold price is charged if booked and paid for more than one calendar month before the start of the camp. The price in brackets is if booked or payment completed less than one calendar month before the start of the camp. Prices are per person per event.
|Adult||18 - 21||12 - 17||5 - 11|
Under 5s go FREE to all holidays
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1) All deposits are non-refundable and and non-transferable.
2a) Balances for weekend & residential camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts. Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
Folk Camps reserves the right to cancel bookings where balances have not been settled in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:-
Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday - deposits only
15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday (see Holiday Insurance)
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.