Singers North Bampton
13 July 2017 to 16 July 2017
Weekend for singers (self cater)
Bampton village is on the east side of the Lake District near Shap and Penrith in Cumbria. Despite being Easily Accessible from the M6 only a 15 minute drive from Junction 39 and a 20 minute taxi journey from Penrith Railway Station; Bampton is one of the quietest and most un spoilt of villages in the Lake District and is just three miles from Haweswater, a spectacular and beautiful lake which offers an ideal location for summer picnics, or first-class walking and orienteering at any time of the year. Haweswater is also one of the rare places where you can catch a glimpse of England's 'Only Golden Eagle', the friendly RSPB Rangers will help you identify it if required.
What you can expect:
Singers North at Bampton, Penrith - a relaxed and fun Folk Camps long weekend of music and dancing, but with a focus on singing, both in workshops and in sing-arounds/song swaps. It could look like this: Mornings will feature the option of an instrument workshop , or a small vocal group or 'Find Your Voice' singing workshop with Clare or Karen. We'll do whole-camp song workshops in the afternoons, and plan a pub session one afternoon and maybe a beautiful boat trip on one of the days (possibly with singing on the boat), and/or some time to explore the beautiful surroundings. In the evenings, some more singing and dancing, and, of course, the late-night singing - an unmissable feature of camp. We'll have a Sunday sing to wrap up before we all head off home.
Confirmed staffMusician: Beth Rawlins
Warden: Steve Porritt | More Info
Joint Leader: Karen Dietz | More Info
Joint Leader: Clare Elleray Mee | More Info
A non-returnable minimum deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. The bold price is charged if booked and paid for more than one calendar month before the start of the camp. The price in brackets is if booked or payment completed less than one calendar month before the start of the camp. Prices are per person per event.
|Adult||18 - 21||12 - 17||5 - 11|
Under 5s go FREE to all holidays
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1) All deposits are non-refundable and and non-transferable.
2a) Balances for weekend & residential camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts. Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
Folk Camps reserves the right to cancel bookings where balances have not been settled in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:-
Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday - deposits only
15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday (see Holiday Insurance)
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.