Craft break 5 day (residential catered) at Halsway Manor
Mon 5 Feb 2024 to Fri 9 Feb 2024
Confirmed StaffJoint Leader: Karen Walford
Joint Leader: John Gray
Joint Musician: Moira Gutteridge
Joint Musician: Peter Gutteridge
Prices SummaryEarly Bird Prices apply if booked and fully paid one month in advance (weekends), or two months in advance (weeks and residential). Otherwise Last Minute Prices apply.
Full details below and in booking conditions 2a and 2b.
What to expect?
A fully catered residential holiday in the UK’s National Centre for Folk Art. Taster workshops in previous years have included: silk painting, wooden music stand making, origami, making greeting cards, beginners crochet, knit an easter basket etc. There may also be a daily quiz, a scrabble tournament and organised walks. The tutors for these workshops are made up from people attending, so if you have a craft skill you would like to share, there may be an opportunity for you to run your own workshop. On top of all this, there will be the usual traditional Folk Camps daily music workshops and evening ceilidhs.
NB single supplement of £75 applies.
If you want to stay in your own campervan rather than in the hotel, then the fee is reduced to £325 per person (or £355 if paid at the late rate, see booking conditions). Please mention this on the booking form, or by emailing the office.
What3Words to find this Folk Camp: honeybees.steam.cardinal
Nestling discretely in the Quantock Hills within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Halsway is in a magical setting. The Manor house is listed by English Heritage as Grade II* late 15th century with 19th century additions. Visitors enjoy six beautiful acres of gardens, a warm and welcoming atmosphere, onsite accommodation in a range of comfortable bedrooms, great food and a beautiful panelled bar. The manor’s seclusion and the warm and friendly atmosphere is much appreciated by its many supporters as being highly conducive for educational/learning activities.
Information about the hotel.
Deposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of booking then your place will be cancelled.
Early Bird and Last Minute Prices: The Early Bird (bold) price is charged if booked and fully paid for before the due date (see booking conditions 2a and 2b).
The Last Minute price (in brackets) applies if the camp is booked or the payment is completed after the due date.
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the Last Minute price comes into effect, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person.
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1a) Deposits are due 14 days after booking.
1b) If your deposit is not paid by the due date your booking will be cancelled.
1c) All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts.
Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
2c) Any discounts will be removed if balances have not been paid in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. If any member of the party is unwell, it is asked that they should not take part in communal activities but isolate until symptoms ease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times. See Safeguarding Policy and Guardianship Policy.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.
13) Folk Camps is a community where all members contribute in some way. At each camp there are domestic duties to carry out (see FAQ) and all adults and teenagers are expected to give a few hours of their time to help in the tasks which enable the camp to run.
14) For policies mentioned above, see https://folkcamps.co.uk/policies-and-legal/