Each Folk Camp is run by a team of volunteer staff.
Each camp has a leader to facilitate activities, such as workshops for music, song and dance or anything else that people want to do. The leader also organises the evening ceilidh by ensuring there are dances and songs.
The camp musician arranges for music to be provided for dancing in the evening and for any workshops that need music.
The warden sorts out the camp’s domestic matters like water supply and toilets. This can be fairly simple at a weekend camp but more complicated at a summer marquee camp where there is more to do.
At summer catered camps the caterer ensures that campers are well fed by organising teams to prepare meals and by giving instructions and overseeing food preparation.
- What does each member of Folk Camps staff do?
- What are the different roles and responsibilities? (Including staff allowances)
- How can I become a member of Folk Camps staff?
Folk Camps has staff manuals:
- Staff Handbook and Management Manual
- Apprentice and Mentor Manual
- Caterers page with all catering manuals
- Staff Manual Supplement – Covid and risk assessment Summer 2022
All of this season’s Folk Camps volunteer staff are listed here.